Our featured produce item of the week – spinach. Enjoy Buy One Get One Free with this week’s order! Just place your order for the number of items that you would like and receive the same amount free. The free items will be automatically added to your Cart.
Popeye was definitely on to something. Spinach is a super food loaded with tons of nutrients in a low calorie package. Dark leafy greens like spinach are important for skin and hair, bone health, and provide protein, iron, vitamins and minerals. The possible health benefits of consuming spinach include improving blood glucose control in diabetics, lowering the risk of cancer, lowering blood pressure, improving bone health, lowering the risk of developing asthma and more.
Sautéed Spinach and Caramelized Onions Recipe
SERVES: 2 to 4 PREP: 10 min. COOK: 45 min.
- 3 onions, sliced
- 3 cups spinach or baby spinach;
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar;
- 10 mushrooms, sliced;
- 3 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil;
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Heat the coconut oil and ghee over a high heat in a skillet.
- Add the sliced onions and garlic, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking the onions for 20 more minutes, still stirring frequently.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to deglaze the pan.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and season to taste with salt and pepper; cook until the mushrooms are tender but not mushy.
- Add the spinach. Stir on low heat just until the spinach wilts, and serve.
Recipe source: PaleoLeap