Order your Thanksgiving organics from us! Fresh and delicious, delivered to Big Bear on Tuesdays…
This week, try our seasonal T and D Box for $25 and try the yummy Kabocha squash recipe below!
red bell peppers
1/2 dozen eggs
Stuffed Kabocha Squash (Vegan & Paleo)
An easy plant-based meal! Or add meat!
• 1 Kabocha squash , cut in half with seeds removed
• 1/4 red onion , diced
• 1 cup zucchini , diced
• 1/2 cup bell pepper , diced
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary , minced
• Salt and pepper , to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the diced onion, zucchini, bell pepper, olive oil and fresh rosemary, and season with salt and pepper to taste. (I used about 1/4 teaspoon each.)
2. Arrange the squash halves cut-side-up on the baking sheet. If they are wobbly, you can slice the rounded bottoms off (as pictured above) to give them a flat bottom to them stand up straight– you don’t want them to fall over with the filling inside! Bake at 350F until the squash is fork-tender, about one hour, then serve warm.
3. If you’d like to spice up these squashes a bit, feel free to add your favorite dressing or sauce. I added a drizzle of Creamy Caesar Dressing to these, and they were unbelievably delicious!